Wednesday 11 June 2014

Of Poseidon- Anna Banks

Galen is the prince of the Syrena, sent to land to find a girl he's heard can communicate with fish. Emma is on vacation at the beach. When she runs into Galen—literally, ouch!—both teens sense a connection. But it will take several encounters, including a deadly one with a shark, for Galen to be convinced of Emma's gifts. Now, if he can only convince Emma that she holds the key to his kingdom...

  I felt like the beginning of the story wasn't needed, I felt like if her and chloe had just played around then went back home it would have been just as good. Galen could have still followed her home, and it could have been the same outcome. So the very beginning wasn't a jumping point for me, but it didn't change my outlook on the book.
The world is where there is mermaids, living in the ocean (obviously) and they can go on land. I really found the Syrena history, and world in general really interesting. You don't really spend much time in the Syrena world, most of the book is spent in the human world.
Galen, one thing that really bothered me is he was terrible at talking, I was reading the book and I was frustrated with his poor social skills, I get he is a mermaid, but why does that mean he should have terrible social skills. Galen well he was really sweet, and is added to my favorite boy characters list. He stood up for Emma but he also let her fight her own battles, and he was protective, and I love it when guys in these stories are protective of there girls.
Emma- She really let Galen in fast, I don't think I would have let him in that fast, but.. from the very first page I was waiting for them to get together. Thankfully it happens fast. I had trouble believing Emma's mom was that ok with her staying the night, and nights with Galen, it didn't seem realistic. But I still loved this book, the mermaid aspect was spot on, the romance was spot on it still had problems and wasn't to perfect. I will for sure be reading the rest of this series. 4 stars out of 5
-Jordyn

No comments:

Post a Comment