Tuesday 6 May 2014

Amy And Rogers Epic Detour- Morgan Matson

This is an amazing book, it has some deep stuff in what Amy has to deal with is impossible to understand. I can't even begin to try to understand the pain she must feel. Roger has a lot of baggage but it's funny he goes on the trip looking for something and came out of it with something he didn't see coming.
Amy Curry is not looking forward to her summer. Her mother decided to move across the country and now it's Amy's responsibility to get their car from California to Connecticut. The only problem is, since her father died in a car accident, she isn't ready to get behind the wheel. Enter Roger. An old family friend, he also has to make the cross-country trip - and has plenty of baggage of his own. The road home may be unfamiliar - especially with their friendship venturing into uncharted territory - but together, Amy and Roger will figure out how to map their way.
I want to go on this road trip once I get my license but that would defeat the purpose of the book, that you don't always need to know where your going. But I found this book not to be a light fluffy read there is some deep stuff in here. One thing I found really interesting was how Morgan actually went on the road trip and how theres playlists and pictures of the places they went, I personally have barely been out of my area so I understand how Amy felt never being anywhere and having all these questions. I really want to start collecting magnets it seems like a really cool idea to have a little keepsake from the places you've been. This book was just so sweet and interesting. My favorite part is when the guy goes "You've got fire" and she thought he was making a comment on her hair. Roger was such an amazing boy he chased after Hadley even when he didn't want that, which was kinda a stalkerish thing to do. THE MAGNET HE GAVE AMY WAS SO FRICKING ADORABLE. I know this was a kind of all over the place review so I apologize I just have so many thoughts and feels about this book so i'll tell you one thing READ THIS. I give it 5 out of 5 stars I love it so much.
-Jordyn

No comments:

Post a Comment