Friday 2 May 2014

A Midsummer's Nightmare

I'm so shocked I thought this would be a happy go lucky book, but it's filled with raw emotion and goes deep. I was not excepting this much and I was not excepting to enjoy this book as much as I did.


Whitley Johnson's dream summer with her divorcé dad has turned into a nightmare. She's just met his new fiancée and her kids. The fiancée's son? Whitley's one-night stand from graduation night. Just freakin' great.

Worse, she totally doesn't fit in with her dad's perfect new country-club family. So Whitley acts out. She parties. Hard. So hard she doesn't even notice the good things right under her nose: a sweet little future stepsister who is just about the only person she's ever liked, a best friend (even though Whitley swears she doesn't "do" friends), and a smoking-hot guy who isn't her stepbrother...at least, not yet. It will take all three of them to help Whitley get through her anger and begin to put the pieces of her family together.


Whitley has some issues that I didn't guess coming until they popped right infront of me, I didn't even guess them when that thing with Bailey happened it wasn't until Theo that I had a little bit of an idea.
Nathan was perfect except when he was being a douche which all guys are occasionally so that's ok. The issues he had well I didn't see them coming, and the fact they went to the same school was crazy, but it was also messed up that they slept together and then BAM they found out they were step siblings which would suck because Nathan sounds pretty hot.
Other than that this story was really unique you didn't see the twists that were coming, and I liked how you got some detail of why she is the way she is. But honestly I thought Whitley should ave looked out for Bailey more, because just because she had a shitty expierence doesn't mean everyone deserves one. Overall I found this book to be unique and different I did enjoy it so I give it a 4 out of 5
-Jordyn

No comments:

Post a Comment