Thursday 8 May 2014

Tell The Wolves I'm Home- Carol Rifka Brunt

1987. There’s only one person who has ever truly understood fourteen-year-old June Elbus, and that’s her uncle, the renowned painter Finn Weiss. Shy at school and distant from her older sister, June can only be herself in Finn’s company; he is her godfather, confidant, and best friend. So when he dies, far too young, of a mysterious illness her mother can barely speak about, June’s world is turned upside down. But Finn’s death brings a surprise acquaintance into June’s life—someone who will help her to heal, and to question what she thinks she knows about Finn, her family, and even her own heart.

At Finn’s funeral, June notices a strange man lingering just beyond the crowd. A few days later, she receives a package in the mail. Inside is a beautiful teapot she recognizes from Finn’s apartment, and a note from Toby, the stranger, asking for an opportunity to meet. As the two begin to spend time together, June realizes she’s not the only one who misses Finn, and if she can bring herself to trust this unexpected friend, he just might be the one she needs the most

I found this book brought up AIDS in probably the most respectful way a book ever has, I personally didn't know that AIDS was such a thing back then, that if the person had it that it meant you didn't really talk to the person or acknowledge there presence. I felt like June was pretty odd, she had a lot of weird ideas and a lot of very different feelings towards people, she shouldn't have feelings toward. But I felt like she was narrow minded and stupid, there I said it I felt like June was stupid, she wasn't the only one who loved Finn she wasn't the only one who missed him either and she acted so childish all the time it annoyed me. Her whole family was odd, and I felt like Greta needed an ass kicking, the only person I could bear was Toby. it bothers me you never found out who really gave Finn AIDS. It bothers me . I heard this book shows how hope can make a difference, and I don't see it. I give this book a 3 out of 5 because I didn't enjoy it, I was forcing myself to continue which I shouldn't have to do.
-Jordyn

No comments:

Post a Comment