Sunday 23 February 2014

Burn For Burn- Jenny Han/ Siobhan Vivian

Burn For Burn
I seriously thought going into this book it would be a typical teenage girl pissed off at there friends  and they put hair color in their shampoo or something. But NO this book is so different and interesting. I personally loved Jenny Han's 'The Summer I Turned Pretty" series so in really had high hopes for this book which it did met but not until the very end.
"If you're in you need to be in until the very end. Until we all get what we want if not well then consider yourself fair game" This book takes place on a place called Jar Island, which is essentially just a normal island where people go for the summer and the townies stay all year. The book takes place in 3 different characters perspectives Kat, Lillia and Mary, these girls couldn't be more different except for one thing they have all been screwed over and hurt. These 3 girls make a pact to get back at the people who hurt them. At first I couldn't really sense why Mary hated Reeve so much, everyone has a childhood bully who calls them fat or ugly but when I found out why Mary so hated Reeve I was like WTF BACK THE TRUCK UP. I honestly felt like Reeve deserved a kick in the ass. Lillia really had no clue what was going on with the person she wanted to get back at which pissed me off she hurt someone who hadn't did anything to her. Kat is where it gets complicated Kat wants to hurt Rennie who is Lillia's best friend and Reeves girl. So these 3 girls team together to get back at the people who hurt them and they plan an attack on homecoming night except it doesn't go as planned people get severely hurt, so people may never walk again. And now it's even more important for these girls to keep it a secret.
I'm giving this book 4 stars out of 5 I felt like it was a really good book and it had a good plot, but it just felt unrealistic at times especially with Mary at the end. I did really like how well you got to know the main characters really well and you learned there history and I really could invision all of them. I do really want to read the next 2 books in the series, and would recommend this to anyone who like friendship highschool type books.
-Jordyn

No comments:

Post a Comment