Thursday 27 February 2014

Etched-Britt Nunes

Etched-Britt Nunes
Where has this book been !!!!!!!!!!! It came out in July and I only recently heard about it. I desperately wanted a paperback edition but it wasn't in any of the book stores I went to. So I had to settle for ebook. But it was still amazing!!!!! This is probably one of the best science fiction, futuristic, young adult books I have ever and will ever read.
She was found abandoned in a swamp, her name forgotten and her memories long gone. They people who find her take her in and give her some very important rules 1. Never go into the forbidden wing of the manor 2. Don't trust any outsiders and last but not least 3. Always keep your etchings covered. Basil is 17 and has followed these rules for 8 years she follows then happily until her etchings start to burn, and her memories come back in pieces and a mysterious boy shows up. Basil is soon overrun with questions "Who am I?' "Why do I have etchings?" "Why do I have to cover them up?' and many more. Basil soon figures out why these rules were put in place they weren't to just protect her but to protect everyone around her.
I loved this book so much, you start off with the prologue and your wondering who she is, why she's there AND so many more questions. One thing I really loved is that as the book progressed you slowly got your answers, fast enough that you weren't bored but slow enough that you could put together the pieces. I felt like the author did an amazing job writing it, I could invision the scenes in my head really well. This book is fast paced but you still understand what's going on. It was so interesting and I seriously read this in one sitting. It ends in a cliff hanger that isn't SO big that your annoyed that you have to wait months for the rest but it ends with the perfect amount of cliffhanger that leaves you wanting more. I really hope there's a second book because I'm so excited to figure out how it ends. I give this book 5 out of 5.
-Jordyn

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy you liked it! There is most definitely going to be another installment for The Etched Tales. More mystery, more action, and more Given & Basil! I'm hoping to get it out late summer 2014. Tale #2 is called Hushed and I can't wait to hear what you think of it :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. eek I'm so glad to hear there is going to be a second book! I can't believe you even saw my review!!!!

      Delete