Sunday 16 February 2014

I'll Be There - Holly Goldberg Sloan

I'll Be There By Holly Goldberg Sloan
This book is told in two perspectives Sam's the boy who's spent his whole life running and Emily's the girl who is a rich girl struggling to find her place.
Emily Bell- believes in destiny. Her father has an amazing musical talent which she did not inherit, but yet she is still forced to sing in front of her church, something she does not want to do. But that day she was singing at church could have easily been the most important day of her life, it was the day she met Sam.
Sam Border-  wishes he could escape, his life has consisted of his thief father and younger brother Riddle who rarely talks. His father is constantly moving them around. Sam and Riddle are left to their own defenses well there father goes and steals for a living. Sam thinks that there new town will be just like the last until he meets Emily Bell. Who opens up his life to all the amazing things around him.

This book starts with Sam sitting in a church, which usually is a turnoff for me no offense to churches but interesting stuff just does not happen there. But somehow Holly made a church work in a book. I enjoyed this book but it took some time to get into it the beginning was slow for me but a few chapters in things really picked up and then I could not put this book down. I really love books where normal girls life's are mixed up by a life changing event. I would highly recommend this book if you have a full day to read because once you start you cannot stop. I would rate this a 4.5 out of 5.
- Jordyn

No comments:

Post a Comment