Wednesday 5 March 2014

Enders Game Book-Movie Comparison

I recently read Enders Game, and watched the movie and I thought instead of doing a review I would do a movie comparison. I liked both the book and the movie for very different reasons, and had problems with both.
I felt like the movie did an amazing job of bringing the battle room scenes to life, and I loved how as far as setting and scenery went they really stayed true to the book. The movie doesn't go as far as the book does which I liked, I liked the fact that Ender didn't go on with life he really tried to fix things in the movie. Where it ends off Ender is traveling space trying to find a safe place for the egg. I thought the casting was pretty decent except the age of the actors, ENDER IS ONLY 6 when he enters battle school, not 16. I totally understand that they couldn't film a movie with 6 year olds running around, but they still could have used a younger actor. One thing I love about both the movie and the book is the questions it brings up on humanity, how we're so willing to destroy others for our well being. I personally felt like the movie missed major parts on Peter, in the movie Peter is portrayed as pure evil and Enders worst nightmare, which he totally is but in the book Peter has very strong political opinions and is actually really smart, he tracks army movements and has a very interesting way of thinking. I honestly didn't except that from him, I had totally casted him as pure evil, but he has very strong opinions that I really really wish they had shown in the movie. I also feel like in the movie they miss how important Peter is to Ender, Ender is the way he is because of Peter all Ender wants is for Peter to love him. I wish they had shown the part with Dink talking about how our enemies aren't the aliens but the people who run the school, they also totally rewired command school, which I preferred the way it was in the movie as opposed to the book.  The movie didn't show much of the battle room scenes which I was very disappointed about but I was really happy they made Bean the same age as Ender and not a launchie when Ender is commander. Overall I liked both but didn't love either.
-Jordyn

No comments:

Post a Comment