Tuesday 25 March 2014

Shatter Me - Taherheh Mafi

Shatter Me-Tahereh Mafi
I saw people on booktube talking about this book and I didn't really see what the big deal was, until I saw it in my local library and decided to take a chance on it. Let's just say I'm not disappointed. One thing I found super captivating in this book was how beautifully written it was, even if you don't like the idea of the book I would recommend you read this book just for the writing.
This book is about a girl named Juliette who is lethal, her touch will kill you and once you touch her you can't let go. At the beginning of the book she has been locked up for 264 days she hasn't seen another human in 264 days, hasn't spoken to anyone in 264 days. Her parents saw her as a devil and so did everyone else. The reestablishment locked her up for 'others safety' but they have plans for her, they plan to use her as a weapon. After a life without freedom she's ready to fight back, and she's discovering a future with a boy she thought she had lost forever.
OMG at first when I read about Adam is was like 'this is great, is she going to get knocked up or something' but then when I read about why Adam was really there I was like 'you little bastard' but then you find out Adam volunteered to do it and I was like 'Yes she deserves a little happiness'. Kenji made me laugh a lot when he was commenting about how her voice was naughty and whatnot, and then Adam being so protective was like the sweetest thing ever. But god Warner just cannot take no for an answer, like dude she doesn't want you so piss off. I really enjoyed this book and found it really interesting and different from anything I've read before which is why I gave it 4.5 stars out of 5. As soon as my library opens back up, I am getting Unravel Me and no one can stop me.
-Jordyn

No comments:

Post a Comment