Thursday 6 March 2014

The 5th Wave-Rick Yancey


After the 1st wave, only darkness remains. After the 2nd, only the lucky escape. And after the 3rd, only the unlucky survive. After the 4th wave, only one rule applies: trust no one.

Now, it's the dawn of the 5th wave, and on a lonely stretch of highway, Cassie runs from Them. The beings who only look human, who roam the countryside killing anyone they see. Who have scattered Earth's last survivors. To stay alone is to stay alive, Cassie believes, until she meets Evan Walker. Beguiling and mysterious, Evan Walker may be Cassie's only hope for rescuing her brother--or even saving herself. But Cassie must choose: between trust and despair, between defiance and surrender, between life and death. To give up or to get up. (Copyright Amazon)
Wow I heard good things about this book and finally decided to give it a try, I loved it and I hated it. I loved the idea of the waves, and the 5th wave well that was a genius idea. It was so unique and amazing till the end then it just ended you don't know what happens to Evan which broke my heart. I thought this was seriously one of the best sci-fi romance read I have ever read but I can only give it a 4.25 because we don't find out what happens to Evan and that's just not ok. I honestly cried in this book. The sad thing is, if there was an alien invasion it would seriously be this easy to kill us, and a bunch of people would think they come in peace. SPOILER ALERT: I honestly guessed that Evan was the hunter, I thought it was so romantic how he went for her in the building and safed her, Ben and Sams. I wish we knew what happened because Evan was started to grow on me. I honestly can't believe that she found her brother and Ben.

No comments:

Post a Comment