Wednesday 9 April 2014

Anna And The French Kiss- Stephanie Perkins

I've been reading a lot of Dystopian  and fantasy books, so in honor of Spring Break I decided to read a contemporary book! I have heard so many amazing things about this book from friends, book tube and other blogs.

Anna is from Atlanta she loves her life, her best friend Bridgette is there and her crush Toph. Toph is starting to like her back when her fathers decides to send her t a boarding school in Paris for her senior year. Anna doesn't speak French but she meets some pretty amazing people Merdith, Josh, Rashmi and St.Clair. Her and St.Clair become best friends but he's taken and she might be too.

I loved this book even though it was a tad cheesy. I adored how it took place in Paris and how you actually learned some history about some major places in Paris. I found the romance so adorable is that an odd way to describe it, it did get a little intense. I honestly loved how she went to a pretty odd messed up private school, like what private school has girls and guys dorming in the same building? One thing I found really relieving is that the romance isn't like "Hey your hot, wanna sleep together" it was more realistic how they started off as friends,, the problems they had were very typical and relatable except for the twist with St.Clair. I will admit some of the names were hard to say, but when I was reading this book it almost felt like I was watching a movie and t.v show that's how easy it was to visualize which I found immensely helpful in enjoying the story more. I think Stephanie did an amazing job and I am definitely going to try to get my hands on some of her other books. I would give this book a 4.5 out of 5
-Jordyn

No comments:

Post a Comment