Thursday 10 April 2014

In Honor- Jessi Kirby

In Honor- Jessi Kirby
This book hit me hard right in the heart it was like someone reached into my chest and ripped it out. I bawled and bawled well reading this book. That's saying a lot considering I didn't cry in a fault in our stars. I found this book to be full of sadness and happiness. If that makes sense.

Honor and her brother Finn were close they had been since they were little and their parents died. Finn was her best friend. In Honor's last year of high school Finn turned down a free ride to play football at university and instead decided to enlist. Three days after learning about her brothers death, a letter from him comes in. He wrote it before he died, honor thinks the request in the letter is a dying wish so she sets off to fulfill it. But she gets joined by Rusty Finn's high school best buddy. Honor doesn't want Rusty there, she hasn't forgave him for turning his back on them when Finn decided to enlist. But on this road trip secrets are spilled and Honor learns the true meaning of sacrifice and love.
I bawled like I said above because Honor has had such a shitty life, her parents died, her brother dies. And that's the part that got me, her brother dying because as much as I dislike my brothers I love them both to death and I can't even begin to imagine what life would be like if my brothers died. So yes I cried, the first book I've cried in for a very long time. The story really isn't an average road trip story, it's so much more the twists that you learn about Finn I didn't see coming. I loved Finn's character even though he was dead in this book, an 18, 19, 20 ish year old boy knowing that much about love and sacrifice is unbelievably but so beautiful. Rusty was also an interesting character kinda a jack ass because he was a light fuse and couldn't keep his mouth shut, but Honor did need to hear the stuff he told her. Honor well she, made the book. With Honor you saw how hard it was for her, you got lost inside her head, and because of her you got lost inside the story. I'm giving this book a 4.5 out of 5.
Jordyn

No comments:

Post a Comment