Saturday 26 April 2014

Scarlet-Marrisa Meyer

PLEASE DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVE NOT READ CINDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Scarlet is the second book in the Lunar Chronicles which is a series that has been getting a lot of hype recently. I originally read Cinder the year it came out and loved it but I didn't realize there was a second, third and soon to be 4th. So I quickly reread Cinder and dove head first into Scarlet.

Cinder, the cyborg mechanic, returns in the second thrilling installment of the bestselling Lunar Chronicles. She's trying to break out of prison--even though if she succeeds, she'll be the Commonwealth's most wanted fugitive. Halfway around the world, Scarlet Benoit's grandmother is missing. It turns out there are many things Scarlet doesn't know about her grandmother or the grave danger she has lived in her whole life. When Scarlet encounters Wolf, a street fighter who may have information as to her grandmother's whereabouts, she is loath to trust this stranger, but is inexplicably drawn to him, and he to her. As Scarlet and Wolf unravel one mystery, they encounter another when they meet Cinder. Now, all of them must stay one step ahead of the vicious Lunar Queen Levana, who will do anything for the handsome Prince Kai to become her husband, her king, her prisoner.

I originally thought that Scarlet was all about Little red riding hood, but I was wrong the book is told from Scarlet's point of view and Cinder's Point of View which I loved how the main characters from the 1st book were brought back. But I loved the new characters, it was really cool knowing a lot about some characters then having random ones thrown in who you get to know, Captain Thorne, Wolf, the grandmother. I felt like this sequel was perfect it could not have been better, you got so many answers but where left with a lot too.
Cinder WOW there was so much character development, but I felt like she was running from the problem, and if she had manned up she could have prevented a terrible fate for commonwealth.
Scarlet, one thing I loved about Scarlet was how devoted she was to her grandmother, she would move mountains for that old lady which made her so lovable. Personally I never met my grandmothers so I don't understand that bond, but I know it's a strong one.
Wolf I could not decide if he was a good guy or a bad guy I kept going back and forth because he does some pretty bad shit but some sweet shit too.
This book had so many unexcepted twists that I was bouncing in my seat, desperate to know what would become of my beloved characters. So with that being said I am giving Scarlet 4. out of 5
-Jordyn

No comments:

Post a Comment